Sometimes in life. I cook.
So, herewith, here’s a Kale and sesame oil crisp recipe that’s quick, easy and freaking delicious.
Homemade Shimchiu Togarachi spice mix recipe:
This is a homemade, bastardised version of a brilliant spicemix a mate gave me with NO sodium! hurrah,
- 5 tbspns ground, dried mandarin skin
- 2 tbspns ground, dried grapefruit skin
- 8 tbspns lightly ground szechuan pepper
- 3 tbspns toasted golden sesame seeds
- 4 tspns dried chilli flakes
- 3 tbspns Ground Ginger
- Grind using a spice grinder or a good ole mortar and pestle.
- Store in small airtight jars.
Kale, Sesame chip recipe:
- 250 gms FRESH homegrown green and purple kale, washed and roughly cut into large slices
- Sesame oil
- Mustard seed oil (I use the maggie beer oil)
- Sesame seeds
- Your spice mix
- heat our oven’s grill to medium and leave the oven door open
- Lay baking paper onto a baking tray
- Cut the kale and coat in sesame and mustard oil on both sides, spinkle with the spice mix and sesame seeds and baker keeping a close watch for 5 minutes till crispy