This comes from a CWA recipe and uses Canadian Maple Syrup, hence the CANZAC modded title. Hey and the best news is, in all the ANZAC recipes I’ve found, none contain salt. Mad props to my mate Matt for introducing me to the idea of maple syrup. Ooooowf.
View this post on Instagram
Original recipe here:
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of sugar (white)
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 125 gm of melted nuttlex or dairy free unsalted greasy butter type stuff.
- 2.5 tbsp of maple syrup
- 4 tbsp of boiling water
- 1 tsp of bi-carb soda
- Pre-heat the oven to approx 170 – 180 degrees (dependent on your oven of course!).
- Mix all the dry ingredients cept for the bicarb
- In a seperate bowl, mix all wet ingredients and chuck the bicarb soda in last.
- Combine the forces of wet and dry ingredients into one!
- Place dough in lumps onto the baking tray, lined with greased baking paper and cook for 7 minutes, then grab a spatula to smoosh then down, then cook for another 2 minutes if you like em flat. If you like em thick then leave them be without the smosh Ripper Rita!