I seem to be eating a lot of well, “windy” food of late. maybe it’s winter and maybe it’s my dietician telling me to up my protien with me in overeager ascent. Regardless, my house is now filled with aromas. Not the good kind. This LowSodium recipe was made up on a snap pea frozen cold Adelaide friday night where you don’t want to crowbar yourself from the couch to do anything but eat, close doors and turn the heater up .
- 1 quarter small, Tuscan (purple) cabbage and a wedge of green cabbage chopped roughly
- 1 small onion, diced
- One Cob of fresh corn from the cob
- Carraway seeds
- Splash of white vinegar
Broad Bean Mash
- 300 gms soaked, peeled and boiled broad beans (soak broad beans for 2 days then boil in hot water). Add frozen peas at the end of you’d like it a little moister
- 2 tspns crushed garlic
- Chilli powder and chili flakes
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- Olive oil
- Saute onion, Carraway and garlic in olive oil
- Add stock, water, chilli and beans and reduce.
- Mash with a hand based potato pasher
- Saute onion
- Lightly saute cabbage, corn, to onion and carraway seeds
- Add vinegar to ensure purple cabbage doesn’t turn brown in butter
- Add a good helping of unsalted butter and toss thorugh then serve
Cook 1 cup rice with saffron. Do I need to elaborate with cooking process ? It’s rice dudes .. you rinse it and you cook it. That’s kinda it!